City of Windsor Birthday
Monday, May 23, 2016
Come one – come all! Join Mayor Drew Dilkens for the 10th Annual Mayor’s Walk followed by the City’s 124th Birthday Celebration on Monday, May 23, 2016.
Free to the community and presented by KPMG, Caesars Windsor, Green Shield Canada, Scotiabank, Tim Hortons, WindsorEssex Community Foundation, The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, Optimist International, snapd Windsor, AM 800 CKLW; CTV; TV Cogeco and The Windsor Star.
Mayor's Riverfront Walk:
Mayor’s Walk – depart Assumption Park at 10:30am walking east along the riverfront to Festival Plaza (located near Sunset St and Riverside Drive).
Warm up, walk, exercise program during the walk. Warm up before the walk with The Windsor Star Fitness Reporter Kelly Steele.
Rainbow Ride Preparation starts at 10:00am in Assumption Park: free activities and decorations to rainbow-ify your set of wheels (bikes, roller blades, skateboards, wheelchairs, scooters) in rainbow colours. We encourage creativity in your choice of wheels, decorations and outfits to celebrate family, fun and pride on the Rainbow Ride - a part of the Mayor's Walk to Festival Plaza. $100 cash prized, donated by Get Real UWindsor will go the the most "rainbowtastic" rider. Connect with the Rainbow Ride on Facebook.
Free parking – University of Windsor Lot AA, B, C
- Bigg Wiggle to be featured on the main stage hosted by AM 800 CKLW and Caesars Windsor
- 11:00am – 2:00pm – Riverfront Festival Plaza
Windsor Fire and Rescue:
- A fire truck, along with Sparky the Fire Dog, will be located at the Festival Plaza area
Windsor Police Services:
- Representatives from the Windsor Police Services will also join in the festivities
EMS – Emergency Medical Services:
- Representatives from the EMS will be on hand with mascot SIREN to mingle with the children
The Windsor Spitfires:
- Mascot Bomber to walk with mayor and be available for pictures at celebration site
Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix:
Children’s Activities and Display Booths:
- Optimist Clubs of Windsor and Essex County - Monster Mural Colour Paint Station and sidewalk chalk (children may colour a giant birthday scene on a specially designed Monster Mural canvas)
- Redline inflatables – inflatables to include castles and slides
- Meet Adventure Bay's mascot - Youcan The Toucan
- Museum Windsor – family activities
- Recreation and Culture – sport activity stations
- The Windsor Star – "Book Of My Own Reading Corner"
- AM 800 CKLW – The A-Team and Travel Trailer
Food and Beverage:
- Complimentary all beef hotdogs and birthday cupcakes
- Complimentary coffee provided by Tim Horton's
- City of Windsor Hydration Station on site - bring your own re-fillable water bottles.