Mayor and City Council
Eddie Francis became Mayor of Windsor in November of 2003.
- The Mayor is the Head of Council and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Corporation of the City of Windsor.
- As Head of Council he presides over all meetings of Council. The Mayor ensures that the laws governing the Municipality are properly executed and obeyed.
- The Mayor has primary responsibility for seeing that the policies of the Municipality are implemented, and he works closely with Council to ensure that this occurs.
- As CEO, the Mayor has responsibility for all actions taken on behalf of the municipal corporation. The Mayor has ultimate authority for directing municipal spending priorities in accordance with local needs and preferences, and oversees the Municipality's administration to ensure that all actions taken by administration are consistent with Council policies.
- From time to time the Mayor must communicate to Council recommendations that tend to the improvement of the finances, health, security, cleanliness, and comfort of the Municipality.
Addresses by Mayor Eddie Francis:
350 City Hall Square West
P.O. Box 1607
Phone: (519) 255-6315
Fax: (519) 255-7796