Mayor and City Council
Drew Dilkens became Mayor of Windsor in December of 2014.
- The Mayor is the Head of Council and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Corporation of the City of Windsor.
- As Head of Council he presides over all meetings of Council. The Mayor ensures that the laws governing the Municipality are properly executed and obeyed.
- The Mayor has primary responsibility for seeing that the policies of the Municipality are implemented, and he works closely with Council to ensure that this occurs.
- As CEO, the Mayor has responsibility for all actions taken on behalf of the municipal corporation. The Mayor has ultimate authority for directing municipal spending priorities in accordance with local needs and preferences, and oversees the Municipality's administration to ensure that all actions taken by administration are consistent with Council policies.
- From time to time the Mayor must communicate to Council recommendations that tend to the improvement of the finances, health, security, cleanliness, and comfort of the Municipality.
20-Year Strategic Vision
Your Mayor and Council are committed to changing the future of Windsor. Since the start of term, we have been working collaboratively to build on the past successes of previous Councils, while also looking ahead to the future. We all want our community to succeed.
We are embarking on a 20-Year Strategic Vision, that will provide us with a reasonable picture of where we are headed as a city. It will be the cornerstone for the City’s future for this term of Council and beyond. We can have a bright future, but to get there we need to shape and plan our tomorrows. See the full report to learn more, starting with what we see as the three main goals for the next 20 years:
Addresses by Mayor Drew Dilkens:
350 City Hall Square West
P.O. Box 1607
Phone: (519) 255-6315
Fax: (519) 255-7796