Family Aquatic Complex
The City of Windsor constructed a signature Family Aquatic Complex that can accommodate both 50-metre and 25-metre aquatic events, along with a diving well and a family water park. The complex is home to:
Expanded seating in Adventure Bay is under construction.
Fitness centre construction is complete.
Raft conveyor is in the works, estimated completion July 2014.
Artwork possibilities for the western wall of the facility are being examined by a working committee.
Local Sports Hall of Fame
The Windsor / Essex County Sports Hall of Fame (WECSHOF) has found a home in the Windsor International Aquatic & Training Centre.
The Sports Hall of Fame continues to honour local athletes and builders with digital displays, sports artifacts and renderings of its 194 honoured inductees.
Steering and Executive Committees
Windsor City Council has appointed the Steering Committee:
- Mayor Eddie Francis, ex-officio
- Councillor Drew Dilkens - Chair
- Councillor Ron Jones
- Councillor Hilary Payne
- Councillor Ed Sleiman
- Councillor Fulvio Valentinis
Steering Committee Resources
The Executive Committee reports to the Steering Committee. It is composed of:
- Onorio Colucci, Project Sponsor/Chair - CFO/City Treasurer
- Mario Sonego, Co-Sponsor/Deputy Chair - City Engineer
- Valerie Critchley, City Clerk
- Jan Wilson, Executive Director of Recreation & Culture
- Mike Palanacki, Executive Director of Operations
- Harry Turnbull, Executive Director of Information Technology
- John Miceli, Manager of Facility Operations
- Shelby Askin Hager, Manager of Purchasing & Risk Management
401 Pitt Street West
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call 519-974-AQUA (2782).