Committees of Council
City Council Seeks Applicants for Property Standards Committee
and Court/Committee of Revision
City Council is currently seeking interested persons to serve on the following Committees:
Information on mandates for these Committees can be found on this website, viewing the
Property Standards Committee and Court/Committee of Revision pages.
Interested applicants are required to submit a completed "Application Form" (available in
printable PDF or Microsoft Word formats) by Friday, April 10, 2015. In addition to the
aforementioned links, the application can also be obtained from the City Clerk's Office,
Room 203, Windsor City Hall. For more information, call 311.
Agencies, Boards, Commissions and Committees:
- The City Clerk (or designates appointed by the City Clerk) functions as the secretary of most Committees, providing secretarial service and a degree of administrative support. Administrative support includes notification of meetings, official correspondence and mailings.
- The individual seconded to the Committee is not under the direction of the Committee, but is available as a resource to provide for an official record of decisions of the Committee and to ensure that these decisions are communicated to City Council where appropriate. The Coordinator is appointed to record the decisions of the Committee and not to provide a verbatim transcript of the meetings.
Mandate of Committee:
- The mandate of the individual Board, Committee or Commission is generally prescribed in the statute for statutory bodies, or in City Council resolutions. If there is uncertainty as to the role of the Committee, the Coordinator should be consulted to provide copies of the official authority.
- With the exception of several "management" committees such as the Windsor Detroit Tunnel Corporation, Committees are advisory only, i.e. they provide recommendations to City Council on policies applicable to a specific function. This is important to note, because under the present form of local government, administrative staff are responsible to City Council through the Chief Administrative Officer, and not responsible to the Committee or its members for the operation of a particular function.
Notice to correspondents:
- The personal information contained in your correspondence to Windsor City Council or its committees is collected under the Municipal Act, 2001. Any personal information you choose to disclose in your correspondence will be used to receive your views on the relevant issue(s) to enable the City to make its decision on the matter. This information will become part of the public record, unless you expressly request the removal of your personal identity information. Questions about the collection of this information may be directed to the City Clerk's Office at (519) 255-6211.
Council Services Department
350 City Hall Square West, Room 203
For general inquiries, call 311.
For detailed information, call (519) 255-6222 ext. 6430
Fax: (519) 255-6868