Taxes and Assessment
Property Tax Information System
The City of Windsor is now offering property tax information online, via a new Property Tax & Assessment e-service.
Information available for the first time online includes the following:
- Property taxes (amounts levied)
- Assessment value, as per the MPAC Returned Assessment Roll
- Property location
- Legal description
Web users can access the information using either the property’s street address or roll number.
New Ownership Change Administration Fee
- Properties have now been assigned an "account" number, which is similar to the roll number in that it can be used in locating the property within the tax system. It will remain with the property and will not change if there is a change to the property.
Past Due Amounts and/or Credits:
- Any amounts that are carried on the account as past due or a credit will now be automatically added to or deducted from the total amount of taxes due. Any amount due will be added to the first installment. Credits will be applied to reduce the first installment, then the second and finally the third. Should you prefer to have the entire amount refunded to you, please contact the tax office.
Tax Classifications (including education support):
- Tax classification and school support codes are now disclosed on the tax bill. Explanations of these codes have been included on the back of the tax bill. If you have questions in regards to your tax classification, please contact the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC).
Local Improvements and Business Improvement Levies:
- These amounts were previously billed throughout the year as separate billings. These will now be included on the final tax bill.