Election Day in the City of Windsor will be Monday, October 27, 2014.
On this day, voters in the City of Windsor will elect a Mayor, City Council members, and School Board Trustees to represent them in this community for a four (4) year term.
The current term of office is December 1, 2010 to November 30, 2014.
Notice of Nomination for Office
Municipal Elections Act, 1996 (s.32)
Notice is hereby given to the Municipal Electors of the
City of Windsor regarding nominations in the City of Windsor for the offices of:
- Elect 1 (one) in each of the 10 Wards.
- Trustee, Greater Essex County District School Board
- Elect 2 (two) Wards 1, 2, 9 combined.
- Elect 2 (two) Wards 3, 4, 10 combined.
- Elect 2 (two) Wards 5, 6, 7, 8 combined.
- Trustee, Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board
- Elect 1 (one) Wards 1 & 10.
- Elect 1 (one) Wards 2 & 9.
- Elect 1 (one) Wards 3 & 4.
- Elect 1 (one) Wards 5 & 8.
- Elect 1 (one) Wards 6 & 7.
- Trustee, Conseil Scolaire Catholique Providence
- Elect 1 (one) City of Windsor Wards 1, 9, Town of LaSalle combined. Nomination papers to be filed in the Town of LaSalle.
- Elect 1 (one) City of Windsor Wards 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10 combined.
- Elect 1 (one) City of Windsor Wards 6, 7, Town of Tecumseh Ward 1 combined. Nomination papers to be filed in the City of Windsor.
- Trustee, Conseil Scolaire Viamonde
- Elect 1 (one) County of Essex (Includes Pelee, Leamington, Kingsville, Amherstburg, LaSalle, Windsor, Tecumseh, Lakeshore, and Town of Essex). Nomination papers to be filed in the City of Windsor.
Nominations may be made by completing and filing with the Clerk of the City of Windsor, nominations on the prescribed form (available in the Office of the City Clerk, Room 203, 350 City Hall Square West) and accompanied by the prescribed nomination filing fee, $200.00 for the Office of Mayor and $100.00 for all other offices.
A nomination must be signed by the candidate and may be filed in person or by an agent during regular business hours 8:30 am. to 4:30 pm., Monday to Friday, Thursday, January 2, 2014 to Thursday, September 11, 2014 and from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm on Friday, September 12, 2014 (Nomination Day).
In the event there are an insufficient number of certified candidates to fill all positions available, nominations will be reopened for the vacant positions only on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 between the hours of 9:00 am. and 2:00 pm. and such additional nominations, if required, may be filed in the Office of the City Clerk.
Electors are hereby given notice that if a greater number of candidates are certified than are required to fill the said offices, voting places will be opened for the purpose of voting.
Take notice that Voting Day will be Monday, October 27, 2014 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Inquiries may be directed to the Municipal Elections Office at 519-255-6285.
Ward 7 By-Election Official Results:
Office of the City Clerk
350 City Hall Square West, Room 203
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 6S1
Phone: For general election information, call 311.
For detailed election inquiries, please call (519) 255-6285
Fax: (519) 255-6868