Acceptable ID for Buying a Student Pass
Beginning of a new school term: September & October bus passes
You are able to purchase passes for the first 2 months of the new school year with the following pieces of identification:
- A copy of your current timetable with your name printed on it. The current date sticker will be issued with this piece of identification.
- A student card from the previous year for grades 9, 10 and 11. You will still need to update your bus pass photo with the current date sticker prior to October 31 when you receive your new student card for the current year.
- A birth certificate/passport showing you are 18 years old (born in 1998) or younger. You need to return for the date sticker (refer to item above).
Post Secondary Students: You are able to purchase passes for the first 2 months of the new school year with the following piece of identification, if you do not have your new student card:
Your receipt showing that your tuition has been paid for the semester.
Your receipt showing that you have paid $100.00 to secure your spot.
A copy of your current timetable with your name printed on it. You will still need to update your bus pass photo with the current date sticker prior to October 31 when you receive your new student card for the current year.
Beginning November 1, 2017
- Your student card for the current school year and/or,
- Transit Windsor bus pass photo with the valid date sticker (mandatory) affixed. Visit Mandatory Photo ID Stickers for further details.
Secondary students without a student card: Please contact the office at your school to obtain a temporary student card form, if your card has been lost or is unavailable for another reason. If your school is unable to provide you with a temporary student card form, you may download the temporary student card form, print and take to your school to be validated. The form is also available at either Transit Windsor sales office. Bring the completed form to Transit Windsor and we will provide you with a temporary student card at a cost of $5.00.
Purchasing student tickets:
- Valid ID is not required to purchase. However, you must present your student card to the driver when paying your fare.
Using a student pass or ticket on the bus:
- You must present your valid student ID card. Failure to do so will result in the driver asking you to deposit the full cash fare. Visit Fare Structure for further details.
- Your bus pass photo is also acceptable in place of your student card, if it has the valid sticker (mandatory) affixed. If the sticker is not valid, the driver may confiscate your pass and photo.
The Board of Directors changed the definition of a "student" for fare media classification purposes, to include post-secondary in 2009.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquiries, call 519-944-4111. For general inquiries, call 311.