121,000 square km
Service Population: 210,891 (per capita total)
- 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. on weekdays
- 8:00 a.m. to midnight on weekends and holidays
- 258,044 total hours of revenue service annually
|Revenue* Vehicle km
|Total Vehicle km
||5.7 million |
|Revenue Vehicle Hours (of service)
|Total Vehicle Hours
|Adult Passenger Trips (one-way)
|Total Concession Fare* Trips (includes students & seniors)
|Student Passenger Trips
|Senior Passenger Trips
|Regular Service Passenger Trips
||6.3 million |
|Service Utilization (regular service passengers per capita)
|Regular Service Passengers Per Revenue Vehicle Hour*
|Revenue Vehicle Hours Per Capita
*See Glossary, below.
- Revenue km/hours means the number of km used while the bus is in revenue service or collecting a fare on regular routes, charters, etc.
- Total km/hours includes revenue service km, plus deadheading (when a public transit vehicle operates without carrying or accepting passengers) or travelling distances.
- "Concession Fares" are reduced fares, i.e., fares that are less than regular adult fares (i.e., students, seniors, student summer savers).
- "Revenue Vehicle Hour" means one hour of revenue service.
- Per capita means per person living within the urban transportation area, or the area in Windsor, serviced by Transit Windsor.
- 26 percent of total fleet is using alternative fuel
- 11 years is the average vehicle age
- 3 million litres of low-sulphur clear diesel fuel
- 5.7 million km annually
- 86 buses in service during peak weekday hours
- 72 buses in service during peak weekends and evenings
3700 North Service Road East
For general inquires, call 311.
Phone: For detailed inquiries, call 519-944-4111.