Bus Service During Wartime
- Ridership surged and peaked in 1945 with over 39 million passengers.
- On June 2, 1940, the waiting room (main bus terminal) was again relocated to the new Greyhound terminal on London Street (today called University Avenue), and continued until 2007. A new terminal was built and relocated in 2007.
- In February 1948, the SW&A moved from its cramped London Street car barns into spacious and more modern facilities on Kildare Road. Purchased from the War Assets Corporation, they had formerly housed Border Cities Industries Ltd., wartime manufacturers of machine guns.