Communities of Practice
The City of Windsor, Children’s Services will support the Communities of Practice (COP) for Early Learning Professionals in the following manner:
Providing a book for each participant on a specific topic
Providing staff wages for the participants (1.5 hours/week for leaders; 1 hour/week for other participants)
Providing additional materials in a kit to support ongoing learning
Providing reporting templates and guidelines
How can you participate in a COP?
- Each agency willing to participate must recruit 5 early learning professionals to participate.
- Each participant in a COP will require approval from his/her employer.
- Supervisors, directors or owner/operators are responsible for completing an application.
- Leaders will be responsible for completing all reporting templates and facilitating group discussions.
- All participants will be responsible for reviewing materials; providing feedback and ideas; attending regularly scheduled meetings; and working collectively to achieve common goals and outcomes.
- All participants will be responsible for completing an evaluation at the end of the session.
To participate in a Community of Practice, please complete the following application:
Community of Practice Application
*Completed Applications must be submitted by email or mail to:
The City of Windsor - Children's Services
400 City Hall Square E. P.O. Box 426, Station A
Windsor, Ontario, Canada, N9A 6L7
Attention: Dawn Vandenham
Available topics/books include: