Resources for EarlyON Child and Family Centres
Early Literacy Specialist (ELS)
- The Early Literacy Specialist (ELS) provides support for literacy initiatives to Early Learning professionals in the community.
- Through the ELS program, parents and caregivers have the opportunity to take part in discussions and workshops throughout their role as the initial literacy teachers of their children.
- Various aspects of literacy are demonstrated to Early Years children in EarlyON Child and Family Centres.
- The ELS researches current trends in literacy and creates and distributes materials throughout programming.
- Promotion of literacy is ongoing throughout a variety of community projects and outreach events.
- Call (519) 255-5200 ext. 5219 for additional information.
Data Analysis Coordinator (DAC)
- The Data Analysis Coordinator (DAC) works with community partners (e.g. school boards, United Way, Health Unit, the Offord Centre for Child Studies, etc.) to conduct research and analyze community information relevant to early years development to help assess strengths and weaknesses in Windsor and Essex County.
- The DAC is the local coordinator and will implement, analyse and provide neighbourhood context for two important early years research projects: the Early Development Instrument (EDI) and the Kindergarten Parent Survey (KPS).
- The DAC also collects information about the EarlyON Child and Family as part of the local provider's accountability to the Ministry of Education.
- Parent feedback is occasionally collected through surveys.
- Call (519) 255-5200 ext. 5136 for additional information.
Phone: For general information call 519-255-5344.
Fax: (519) 255-5303
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope to see you soon at an EarlyOn Child and Family Centre near you!