Minor Variance

If a proposed use does not conform to a municipal by-law but follows its general intent, the owner may apply for a Minor Variance. A Minor Variance does not amend the by-law. It allows the owner to vary from a specific requirement of the by-law and to obtain a building permit.

The City of Windsor Committee of Adjustment, appointed by Council, deals with minor problems in meeting by-law standards and holds hearings to decide on such applications.

For more information, please see the following:

For general information, call 311.  For detailed inquiries, contact us at:

Planning Department
Suite 210, 350 City Hall Square West
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 6S1
Phone: (519) 255-6543
Fax: (519) 255-6544