Purpose of the Planning, Heritage and Economic Development Standing Committee (PHEDSC)
- PHEDSC makes recommendations to City Council on a variety of planning matters (e.g. plans of subdivision, condominiums, rezoning applications, and changes to the Official Plan.)
- PHEDSC has no legislative powers.
- PHEDSC is appointed by Council to listen to the concerns of citizens and developers, evaluate recommendations made by the Development planning staff and make recommendations to Council.
- Recommendations are usually to approve, approve with conditions, or deny applications.
- Members of PHEDSC include both elected City Councillors and other people appointed by Council. There are eight members, including a chairperson.
- Meetings are held in the Council Chambers in City Hall on the second Monday of each month.
- Public notices are sent by mail to all persons listed on the assessment rolls within 120 metres of the property affected. Newspaper notices are also used. Notices advise of the date, location and time that PEDSC and Council will consider matters, as well as the name of the applicant, the location of the property affected and a brief description of the matter.
Learn more about PHEDSC membership, agendas and more.
For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, contact us at: Planning & Building Services Department
Suite 404, 400 City Hall Square East
Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9A 7K6
Phone: (519) 255-6543
Fax: (519) 255-6544