Walker Homesite Park Improvements Functional Design Plan
Walker Homesite Park is a 10-acre Community Park located in Ward 9 at 1900 Seymour Boulevard in the Devonshire Heights neighbourhood of Windsor. The City of Windsor has retained Landmark Engineers to develop a new Functional Design Plan for Walker Homesite Park. The new functional upgrades will be aimed at (but not limited to) the following:
Mitigating current drainage issues
Upgrading the existing parking lots
Improving public safety
Improving park accessibility
Enhancing the existing sports facilities
We Want Your Input!
All feedback received through this short survey by Saturday, December 17, 2022 will be considered during the development of the final design plans and will help us make the most of this opportunity for growth in your park amenities.
The following is a brief outline of the proposed scope of work.
Please have a look at this conceptual design drawing, also shown below, for further details:
- Re-grading of low-lying areas prone to standing water
- New drainage swales along the outer perimeter of each diamond to mitigate on-field drainage issues
- New drainage swale along the east and north property limit of the park to direct stormwater away from adjacent properties
Parking Lot Upgrades:
- Each parking lot upgraded from a gravel surface to new asphalt paving
- Expansion of the north parking lot entrance/exit to accommodate 2 lanes of traffic
- New accessible pedestrian pathways connecting the parking lots to the existing trail network
Baseball Diamond Upgrades:
- Re-graded infield and outfield playing surfaces
- Upgraded bullpens, dugouts, and pitching mounds
- New irrigation system in the outfield of Diamond #2
- New warning track and expanded outfield fencing at Diamond #2
- New overhead lighting and new scoreboard at Diamond #2
- Direct power supply to Diamond #1 and Diamond #3
- Added trees for increased shade and improved spectator experience
- New high-mast protective netting at Diamond #2 and Diamond #3 to shield adjacent homeowners and parked cars from errant foul balls
The park currently contains three baseball diamonds, maintenance facilities, two gravel parking lots, public walking trails, trees, a playground, a workout station, and several sitting areas.
For further information, please contact:
Parks and Recreation
2450 McDougall Street
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Phone: For general information, call 311.
For detailed inquiries, call (519) 253-2300.