Dog Park Temporary Closure:
- The off-leash dog park in Broadway Park has been temporarily closed since December 2015 due to construction in the area for the new bridge plaza.
In 2004, a portion of the park was developed as a leash-free dog zone.
Dog Park Rules:
- Open during daylight hours only
- Up to 3 dogs per adult per visit
- Dogs must be over 4 months old to enter park.
- Shots must be up to date (rabies, distemper, parvovirus)
- Collar and current tags required
- Off-leash within fenced area; on-leash everywhere else
- Keep leash in hand while in park.
- Stay inside fence with your dog(s) and monitor behaviour at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed and removed from park at first sign of aggression. Owners are responsible and liable for damage or injury caused by their dogs.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs. Waste bags are provided.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Honour other patrons' requests regarding their dogs.
- Keep park gates closed at all times.
- Park may be closed for maintenance without prior notice.
- Dogs must be under control of an adult 18 years or older. Children under the age of 18 must be under strict adult supervision at all times.
- Children under 6 years are discouraged from using the park, but must be within arm's length of parent/guardian if they are brought in.