Sewer Connection Permit
- A Sewer Connection Permit can be obtained on the third floor of City Hall in Engineering. An application, a drawing and fees, including an indemnity Deposit, are required for a permit to be issued.
- Payment of an Indemnity Deposit is required to ensure that the public right-of-way is returned to its pre-construction condition. The amount of the deposit will vary depending on the location of the work and is refundable 45 days following satisfactory restoration of the public right-of-way and completion of the final inspection.
- A Sewer Information Sheet is required prior to the issuance of a permit if the location of the connection at the lot line is not known.
- A Sewer Information Sheet is required for any and all new connections to the municipal sewer system.
- A pre-qualified City of Windsor sewer contractor is required.
- You will require an inspection for work done on the public right-of-way. An Inspector will review the sewer tap/connection of the pipe before backfilling. To schedule an inspection, you may contact the Engineering Department at (519) 255-6257 ext. 6359 or 6483. Documentation verifying compliance with the City of Windsor standards for backfill requirements will be required at the time an inspection is requested.
- For Building Sewer Inspections on private property, call (519) 255-6453 or you can visit the Inspection Requirements Webpage for more information.
|Sewer Information Sheet
||$26.50 ($23.50 plus $3.00 HST)|
New Requirement for Single Family Dwellings: When connecting to a closed sewer system, a physical barrier (Backwater Valve) is required to be installed on the system to prevent backup of water. This device should be placed in an accessible location, as it requires maintenance.
Development, Projects and Right-of-Way
350 City Hall Square West, 3rd Floor
P. O. Box 1607
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquires, call (519) 255-6257 ext. 6359 or 6483.
Fax: (519) 255-9847