Willistead Manor - Rental Information
COVID-19 Update for Willistead Manor:
Willistead Manor is a beautiful historic property – used by many to host lovely events. We are pleased to announce that the manor has re-opened to the public. Staff are available by phone during regular business hours to discuss bookings in 2022 and beyond
Due to the ongoing pandemic, please consider the following when visiting us:
Visitors are asked to complete a self (passive) screening assessment, and to read the COVID-19 signage posted at the manor's entrance.
Visitors are asked to sanitize hands upon entering the manor; hand-sanitizing stations are available within.
Visitors are asked to maintain social distancing of 2 metres, where possible, within the manor.
Recognizing that Willistead Manor offers an intimate setting, with guests seated close together for ceremonies, receptions, and special events, masks are optional, and encouraged for those who feel comfort in wearing them.
1899 Niagara St (at Kildare Street)
Windsor, Ontario. N8Y 1K3 Canada
Telephone: (519) 253-2365 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find information on tours, special events, and the history of Willistead Manor.
About the Manor
Willistead Manor is the perfect location for weddings, receptions, celebrations, seminars, meetings, special events, photos, and more. Each room's unique design is the perfect backdrop for a variety of gatherings for groups from 10-120 for sit-down meals, and as many as 220 for cocktail-style, full manor events. Our professionally trained staff can assist with planning, and provide meticulous detail to ensure your event surpasses expectations. Our caterer will help make your event truly memorable with an unforgettable dining experience.
Rooms / Uses / Capacity
Uses: Receptions, dinners, dancing, seminars, meetings, etc.
Capacity: 75-120 for a seated meal, or theatre-style seating
Other Info: Includes dance floor and bar area
Uses: Elegant dinner parties, intimate wedding ceremonies, etc.
Capacity: 52 (small wedding ceremony); 20-32 (seated meal)
Note: Adjacent Conservatory serves as an ideal Service Area
Uses: Weddings, receptions, showers, small parties, etc.
Capacity: 54 (seated meal)
Note: Rental includes access to the attached Library (ideal Bar Area) and Billiard Room (ideal Dance Floor)
Uses: Dancing, small receptions
Note: Rental can include access to the attached Morning Room and Library
- Note: The Morning Room, Billiard Room, and Library function together for smaller receptions (30-60 people) and can also be reserved individually.
Bridal Room - Walker Bedroom on the Second Floor
- Quiet and private space for Bride and Bridal Party (only).
- Wedding photographer is permitted inside the Bridal Room.
- When booked, the room is available for one hour only before the ceremony start time; once the ceremony begins, the room is locked and will not be available for photographs after the ceremony or at any point during receptions in the manor.
- Belongings, including clothing, may not be left behind in the room, and Willistead Manor accepts no responsibility for items left behind.
- If you are using the room to change into dresses, you must assign someone from your party to collect all other clothing and remove it from the room before it is locked.
- Acceptable Activities: the bride/bridal party getting into their dresses, taking photos, relaxing before the ceremony.
- Not Permitted: Hair and makeup must not be done inside the room; food and beverage are not permitted.
- There is a fee for use of this room.
Willistead Manor is an accessible facility. Accessible features include an interior elevator between floors, and an exterior ramp.
Catering for events at Willistead Manor is provided by Thyme To-Go and Chef Julie Myers.
For full menus and additional information, please visit thymetogo.ca
640 Chilver Road
Windsor, ON Canada
Willistead Manor offers photo opportunities inside and outside of the manor and as part of your special event rental. Photo bookings are subject to availability. As event rentals are the main business of Willistead Manor, photo bookings can only be made one (1) month prior to your special event, and space cannot be guaranteed until that time. To book the manor for your photos, please contact us one month ahead of your event to find out if your preferred date is available.
Commercial photography, or feature or short film cinematography (including student film projects) is not permitted at Willistead Manor.
Paul Martin Gardens
Formal gated perennial garden with walkways
Ideal for wedding and special event photos
Bookings are subject to availability
Coach House - Studio One
- Uses: Ideal for small gatherings, celebrations, business meetings, small budgets, etc.
- Capacity: 50 to 60 people
- Note: Includes access to restroom facilities, chairs, tables and parking lot
- Catering: Event hosts in the Coach House - Studio One may provide their own food and beverage; please discuss requirements with staff at time of booking.