South Windsor Recreation Complex/Community Centre Consolidation
The Corporation of the City of Windsor is embarked on the design and construction of a community centre addition to the existing South Windsor Recreation Complex located at 2555 Pulford Street. The proposed works also included renovations to the existing auditorium and front entrance to consolidate Oakwood Community Centre programming at this site.
The building site improvements included:
- A new entrance, complete with a welcome desk to accommodate the combined use of arena and community centre
- A new gymnasium, new program rooms and additional storage space
- Renovations to the existing auditorium to create one large multipurpose room, two program rooms and one storage room
- Addition of a snow melting pit within the existing arena
- Parking lot improvements, including the reconfiguration of the existing parking lot and a new parking lot addition
Compliance Consultant/Architect: Archon Architects Incorporated
Design Builder: De Angelis Construction Inc, Glos Associates Inc. & Chorley + Bisset.
Status: Building complete, maintenance phase, Community Centre open for operation.
Development, Projects and Right-of-Way
350 City Hall Square West, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 1607
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call Colleen Middaugh at (519) 255-6100 ext. 6603.
Fax: (519) 255-6540