Computerized Signal System
The Computerized Traffic Signal System employs a "distributed" system design, by implementing intelligent units at all on-street locations and a Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) at the Traffic Operations Centre. This design provides a means of backup support should any component of the system fail, and also provides a continuously operating system to the motoring public.
- Reduction in stop and delay time
- Reduction in overall trip times
- Reduction in fuel consumption, vehicle emissions and maintenance costs
- Emergency vehicle priority pre-emption operation reduces response times
- Application Server, Domain Server, 2 Communication Servers and a Database server
- All have 5 240-gigabyte hard drives "Hot Swap"
- 4,096 MB RAM
- 5 P.C. work stations/operator consoles
- Temperature, voltage and watchdog alarms and auto shutdowns.
- 10,000 intersections
- 50,000 system detectors
- 100 traffic control sections, changeable by time of day
- 32 timing plan programs available per intersection, 10 daily schedules, 40 time of day plan changes
- 32 detectors available per intersection
- All intersections provide volume, occupancy and speed data.
Traffic Operations Division
1269 Mercer Street
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6293.