- 20 master communication lines
- 267 intersections on City-owned communication system extending from 1269 Mercer Street, westerly to Huron Church Road at Industrial and easterly to Lauzon Road at Wyandotte Street East
- City-owned communications, which allow up to 64 intersections per communication line.
- Intersections each polled once every 1.0 second at minimum (real time operation with second-by-second monitoring is achieved at the TOC)
- 19 intersections on leased Bell data circuits
- Bell communications operating on a master/slave configuration for the convenience of communication only
- Expansion of the communications system included in each year's capital budget
- A controller and communications system upgrade is underway, which will upgrade controllers from the Model 170 controller to the 2070 controller with the D4 firmware package. Approximately 170 upgrades have been completed to August 2017.
- New communications have been implemented utilizing Ethernet speeds over fibre optic cable for the 2070 controllers. The Model 170 communication is 1200 baud on a copper network.
- The fibre optic system is being expanded under all road reconstruction projects.
Traffic Operations Division
1269 Mercer Street
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6293.