Charles Clark Square
Charles Clark Square is now open for public skating with extended hours of operation: times are available from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., 7 days a week until at least January 26, 2022, weather permitting. Public skating times will be available by pre-registration at www.ActiveWindsor.ca or by calling central reservations at 519-255-1161.
Safe skating is important to us, and the operation of Charles Clark Square is weather dependent. Unexpected closures may arise as environmental and/or ice conditions change. Closures will be posted as quickly as possible via social media during City business hours and/or on-site signage on evenings and weekends.
215 Chatham Street East
Located between Chatham Street East and University Avenue East, midway between Goyeau and McDougall streets.
- During unsupervised hours, there is no staff on site monitoring the facility or maintaining the ice;
- When staff is onsite, rink conditions are monitored, rink rules are enforced and the ice is maintained;
- When signage is posted stating, “The rink is currently unsafe. Do not use,” skating is strictly prohibited. Skaters are at increased risk of injury.
- No hockey or figure skating allowed at any time.
- No skating aids permitted.
- Skates must be worn on the ice at all times. No boots allowed.
- Helmets are strongly recommended.
These and the additional rules posted at the rink must be followed at all times or patrons may be asked to leave the facility.
Please be respectful of all users!
Concessions - The Hub, a seasonal concession, available on site.
Washrooms - available for patrons when the rink is supervised.
For large groups (schools, churches, etc.), please notify the Parks & Recreation office of your intentions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although there is no fee to use Charles Clark Square, insurance may be required.
All Saints Church, located in downtown Windsor at 330 City Hall Square West, lends skates free of charge for use at any of the City's arenas. Skate lending is available to individuals on Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to noon beginning on January 1, 2022. Skate lending will continue every Saturday in January and February. Groups are welcome, by appointment, to borrow skates for their special events by calling (519) 253-8001.
Free skating instructions held at Charles Clark Square are currently not being offered by All Saints Church.
Parks and Recreation
2450 McDougall Street
Phone: (519) 253-2300
Fax: (519) 255-7990
General inquiries, please call 311.