Parks and Recreation Department
2450 McDougall Street
Windsor, Ontario N8X 3N6
Phone: (519) 253-2300
Wet weather may close fields:
Follow us on Twitter
for the latest updates on field status
during or after wet weather.
Rent Our Fields
For more information on specific complexes, sport fields, and rental opportunities visit the Facilities tab of www.reconnectwindsor.ca. To book a complex, field, or facility call (519) 253-2300.
Why We Close Fields
Parks and Recreation reserves the right to cancel the use of all stadium and open athletic fields due to inclement weather conditions. We request your co-operation by not using fields classed as unsuitable for play:
- Water pooling on a playing field constitutes closure of the field.
- Wet/muddy field conditions, which could in the opinion of the Park Attendant make the field unsuitable for play constitutes closure of the field.
- On stadium facilities, the gates will be locked and a sign posted indicating the closure.
- The presence of an electrical storm constitutes an immediate closure of the field. We ask for the cooperation of the officials and coaches in order to ensure the safety of the players and spectators. A 30-minute mandatory delay of play is required after lightning is seen. Stadium facilities will be locked and lights turned off.
Please do not attempt to drain fields or remove pooled water on your own. More often than not, considerable damage is done to the playing field rendering it unusable for others.
League convenors, or designates are asked to continually use discretion when playing on potentially wet fields. Causing damage to the fields could result in field closures for extended periods of time.
Background on City Sport Fields
The City of Windsor has a variety of complexes and sport fields available that include:
- Baseball/softball diamonds
- Basketball/tennis courts
- Cricket grounds
- Cross country running trails
- Mountain bike trails (facilities for racing)
- Rugby/football fields
- Soccer pitches
- Stadium (soccer, football, baseball)
- Ultimate Frisbee
Many of these facilities are tournament quality and are available for league and tournament bookings. Remember to book early and in advance.
You can play cricket at Jackson or Optimist Park; enjoy soccer at Wigle Soccer Park or Ford Test Track; or have a fun game of baseball at one of many open ball diamonds around the city. Mic Mac Park hosts two stadium facilities: Father Ronald Cullen and Bernie Soulliere Stadia and John Ivan Softball Complex, plus three enclosed soccer grounds. Parks & Recreation also facilitates tournaments for both recreational and competitive leagues for all levels.