Friendly Visitor Volunteer
- Director of Resident Services
- Resident Services Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator
Purpose of Position
- To establish a one-to-one relationship with a resident of Huron Lodge who is in need of a friend
- To provide a meaningful social interaction with a resident
- Visit resident or residents on a regular basis
- Develop a meaningful, friendly relationship with a resident(s)
- Take the resident(s) outside Huron Lodge (on the grounds) if desired, go for walks, help with writing letters, help with shopping, playing board games, read to them, etc.
- Assist residents throughout the course of a game
- Engage in activities meaningful to both resident and volunteer
- Attend volunteer meetings as required
- Follow all current Huron Lodge rules, policies and procedures
- Provide socialization to residents who chose not to participate in organized group activities.
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with the elderly, their families, and other volunteer staff
- Warm and caring personality
1881 Cabana Road West
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call Mary Carroll (519) 253-6060 ext. 8276.
Fax: (519) 977-8027