Warehousing / Distribution
FT with potential for Overtime
Minimum Qualifications (non negotiable):
1) Forklift Safety Training Certificate
2) Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
3) Effective time management and organization
4) Computer literate
5) Ability to work independently and part of a team
6) Enthusiasm to apply continuous improvement techniques
Preferred but negotiable:
As part of
the shipping department, the Material Handler will utilize industrial trucks to
move materials around the plant floor. The driver will focus on loading scrap
trailers, minor maintenance work, supporting control with inventory
documentation and full adherence to safety compliance regulations.
1) Operating lifting devices, e.g
forklifts, hoists, elevating platforms, lift beams and crane.
2) Manually load and unload materials
from pallets, skids, platforms and lifting devices.
3) Support inventory control with
4) Perform routine maintenance on
5) Accurately weight and document
6) Provide production data on tags or labels
7) Follow 5S system
8) Follow all safety procedures, and
report anything that is unsafe.
9) Other duties assigned, when needed
1) Ensure material handling equipment
is safe and functioning correctly.
2) Ensure all production rack tags are
true and accurate for inventory and material is stacked and stored in above
expected condition for final delivery to customer.
3) Support all production needs e.g
load log magazine, move good material into correct locations assist with
packing off the line and dump and movement of scrap and scrap bins onto correct
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this job or have any questions please contact:
Ben Irwin, Job Developer
(519) 977-6444 ext. 5187, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to Applicants:
If applying, please ensure you attach a copy of your resume and quote the job posting number located in the upper left-hand corner of this form.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your resume will not be forwarded to the employer, however, we may still be of assistance with your job search. Please call us at 519-977-6444 to see if you are eligible to register if you are not already a client of ETS.
The City of Windsor – Employment and Training Services strives to protect all personal information submitted via the internet in response to job postings. We will not ask you to provide your social insurance number or banking or other financial information. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. We cannot guarantee that data in our system is immune from unauthorized access. Please have this in mind when you decide to respond to job postings.