Transportation / Logistics
Minimum Qualifications (non negotiable):
- High school diploma or
- Valid Class G Driver’s
License with a clean Drivers Abstract.
- Knowledge, experience,
and skill with power tools and hand tools.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs
or more and multiple times per day.
- A positive attitude
that is always professional with customers and clients.
- Someone who excels
being a part of a team environment.
- Having the skills to
easily adapt to changing furniture plans and layouts.
- Having the skills and
judgement to reasonably and rationally carry out the instructions outlined in
written work-orders, drawings and diagrams.
- Please read and make
sure you are able to carryout all these qualifications before applying.
Preferred but negotiable:
- Previous experience will be considered an asset.
- Criminal record check may be requested
An established office furniture and services company, who has been serving customers and clients for over 31 years is seeking a General Laborer to join our team. The selected individual will be responsible for all duties delegated to them by the Office manager and Lead Installer. Duties will take place within our office / warehouse and at various customer locations for furniture installation and service calls.
- Delivery, organization and un-packaging of office furniture components at various job-sites.
- Loading and unloading of trucks at our warehouse and jobsites.
- Building and installation of office furniture systems per customers’ direction.
- This includes panelled office furniture systems, desks, office chairs, and various office furniture accessories.
- Cleaning and inspection of installed office furniture products, then reporting results to Lead Installer and office manager.
- Moving and reconfiguration of office furniture systems and products.
- Maintaining a clean workspace and disposing / recycling of garbage and cardboard.
- Understanding the total scope of work as outlined by office manager, and then carrying out the outlined tasks.
- Noting all deficiencies and changes to work-order plans and tasks.
Continuous growth and learning opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this job or have any questions, please contact:
Ben Irwin, Job Developer
Note to Applicants:
If applying, please ensure you attach a copy of your resume and quote the job posting number located in the upper left-hand corner of this form.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your resume will not be forwarded to the employer, however, we may still be of assistance with your job search. Please call us at 519-977-6444 to see if you are eligible to register if you are not already a client of ETS.
The City of Windsor – Employment and Training Services strives to protect all personal information submitted via the internet in response to job postings. We will not ask you to provide your social insurance number or banking or other financial information. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. We cannot guarantee that data in our system is immune from unauthorized access. Please have this in mind when you decide to respond to job postings.