Employment Placement/Training Incentive
Employment Placement / Training Incentive is a temporary financial incentive offered to encourage employers to hire targeted individuals into long-term employment by providing them with direct work experience and training, including apprenticeship.
What can it do for you as a job seeker?
- Using the incentive program might give you the competitive edge when applying for job opportunities;
- Offering an initial cost savings to potential employers may move you to the top of the resume pile; and
- Connect you with full-time permanent employment and new work experiences ~ see Job Seekers to learn more.
What can it do for employers?
- Provide the opportunity to add to workforce, while defraying costs associated with initial job orientation and training;
- Can be used on both hourly and salaried positions; and
- Connect you with highly motivated and experienced workers ~ see Employers for more information.
Main Criteria for Eligibility
- The job must be permanent full-time or part-time work of 20 or more hours per week.
- The employers must offer on-the-job training and work experience.
- Eligible participants must be unemployed individuals and need on-the-job training.
Apprenticeship Signing Bonus
Available for our clients who begin an apprenticeship; and
Employers receive $1,000 at apprenticeship sign-up and an additional $1,000 at six months, if still employed.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada.