Employment Placement/Training Incentive
Employment Placement / Training Incentive is a temporary financial incentive offered to encourage employers to hire targeted individuals into long-term employment by providing them with direct work experience and training, including apprenticeship.
What can it do for you as a job seeker?
- Using the incentive program might give you the competitive edge when applying for job opportunities;
- Offering an initial cost savings to potential employers may move you to the top of the resume pile; and
- Connect you with full-time permanent employment and new work experiences ~ see Job Seekers to learn more.
What can it do for employers?
- Provide the opportunity to add to workforce, while defraying costs associated with initial job orientation and training;
- Can be used on both hourly and salaried positions; and
- Connect you with highly motivated and experienced workers ~ see Employers for more information.
Main Criteria for Eligibility
- The job must be permanent full-time or part-time work of 20 or more hours per week.
- The employers must offer on-the-job training and work experience.
- Eligible participants must be unemployed individuals and need on-the-job training.
Apprenticeship Signing Bonus
Available for our clients who begin an apprenticeship; and
Employers receive $1,000 at apprenticeship sign-up and an additional $1,000 at six months, if still employed.
Employing Young Talent Incentive
Employers may be eligible for $1000 retention payment upon hiring an individual between the ages of 15 to 29 years of age.
An additional retention payment of $1000 may be made if still employed after 6 months and working a minimum of 20 hours per week.
To qualify for this benefit, the employer must have fewer than 100 employees at the point the individual starts works.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada.