Who We Are
The Executive Committee is comprised of the following ten (10) members of City Council and is chaired by the Mayor:
- Councillor Fred Francis
- Councillor John Elliott
- Councillor Rino Bortolin
- Councillor Chris Holt
- Councillor Ed Sleiman
- Councillor Jo-Anne Gignac
- Councillor Irek Kusmierczyk
- Councillor Bill Marra
- Councillor Hilary Payne
- Councillor Paul Borrelli
What We Do
The Executive Committee typically meets on the fourth Monday of each month. The Administrative Advisor is the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). The mandate of the Executive Committee is as follows:
- All policy matters of a strategic nature are to be first considered by the Executive Committee before they are considered by Council.
- All Executive Committee Recommendations must be ratified by Council. The Executive Committee has no authority to direct administration on matters before it.
- The Executive Committee meetings are to be considered informal working meetings where the Committee is to consider key strategic policy matters brought forward from the CAO; Agencies, Boards and Commissions (ABCs); Standing Committees; or the Public. Delegations to notify of community events, non-agenda questions on incidental ward issues or information-only requests belong on Council's agenda.
- The Executive Committee is chaired by the Mayor. The Mayor has an option to designate a Chair to allow him the opportunity to participate and provide leadership on strategic issues.
- The CAO is the principal advisor to the Executive Committee supported by the Corporate Leadership Team.
- The Audit Committee would report to the Executive Committee each quarter.
Reporting to the Executive Committee are:
- Audit Committee
- Internal Services and Public Engagement
- Outstanding Council Questions
Agencies, Boards and Commissions reporting to the Executive Committee are:
- EnWin Energy
- EnWin Utilities
- Transit Windsor Board of Directors
Visit the City Council Meetings page.
Council Services Department
350 City Hall Square West, Room 530
Windsor, Ontario N9A 6S1
Phone: For general inquiries, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6211.
Fax: (519) 255-6868