Apply for Proclamation or Flag Raising
- Please send your written request a minimum of three weeks prior to your special date
- You can download a printable copy of the proclamation application form from this website or visit the City Clerk's office, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to obtain a printed copy
- Requests must be made by local organizations (defined as a group having an official presence in Windsor-Essex)
- To help facilitate your proclamation request, please provide all the necessary background information
- You must provide the draft wording for your proclamation in order to receive an official signed proclamation from the Mayor. Feel free to refer to our proclamation example.
- The Clerk shall review the request and make any appropriate amendments to the proclamation, which in the Clerk's view improves the structure and/or intent of the requested proclamation
- The City Clerk's office will prepare the proclamation and then submit it to the Mayor for signature
- Once signed, the Clerk's office will:
- Send the original proclamation to you
- Post a copy on the city's website and send an electronic copy to Cogeco Cable
- List on the next City Council agenda
- List in Windsor's Civic Corner in The Windsor Star
(subject to space constraints the week prior to the event)
Under the City of Windsor's Procedural By-Law, City Council will not entertain delegations requesting proclamations.
Council Services Department
350 City Hall Square West, Room 203
Windsor, Ontario N9A 6S1
Telephone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6222 ext. 6388.
Fax: (519) 255-6868