Service to Detroit, Michigan
Types of Service
The Tunnel Bus operates on a published scheduled, and the buses are fully accessible. Visit the published schedule web page.
Special Event service goes to all concerts and home games at Comerica Park and Ford Field. However, service is not provided to "all day" concerts/events, as we cannot operate buses on a continuous back-and-forth manner. (Example: Hoedown at Comerica Park.)
Due to high ridership levels for sporting events and concerts, buses are often filled to capacity when they leave the Windsor International Transit Terminal. This means they cannot pick up passengers at other bus stops. We strongly suggest you board the bus at the Transit Terminal (300 Chatham Street West) if attending this type of event.
The fare may be paid in either Canadian or American funds, however, no exchange is given. View detailed fare structure.
Avoid the Rush!! Tunnel bus tickets may be purchased in advance. For a list of locations, view our sales outlets.
For passengers catching the bus in Detroit, you have the following options:
- Pay the cash fare when you board the bus
- Purchase Tunnel bus tickets when you arrive at the Windsor International Transit Terminal in Windsor at the Customer Service desk or view our Sales outlets in Windsor. Purchase extra tickets for future travel.
Transit Windsor operates a cross-border service through the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel, seven days a week.
Proof of citizenship is required when crossing the international Windsor-Detroit border.
Buses leave from the Windsor International Transit Terminal at 300 Chatham Street West.
- Many parking options are available near the terminal. Municipal Lot #22 is located one block away at Bruce and University. A parking garage is located on the east side of the building. View parking rates for Municipal Lots or for street meters, or access a map of municipal lots and garages.
You may bring luggage or any item that you can comfortably carry on the bus with you. The items must not impede the safety of other passengers. All items must be carried off the bus and taken through customs.
Bikes: Due to licensing regulations, bike racks cannot be deployed during Tunnel Bus services, including transportation to Comerica Park or Ford Field. You may disassemble your bike and board the bus with it in a bike bag. Note: If the bus is full, bringing the bike bag on board is allowed only at the discretion of the driver.
Tunnel tickets may be purchased in advance at sales outlets or at the Customer Service desk located inside the Windsor International Transit Terminal.
For departure times of Special Event buses, please follow the links along the left side to learn about the appropriate venue.
1. Tunnel Bus
The Tunnel Bus operates a short route through downtown Detroit, including Cobo Center/Arena, Joe Louis Arena, Rosa Parks Transit Center, Campus Martius and Hart Plaza.
- Take this bus to the Detroit Red Wing home games or events at any of the above-mentioned venues.
- During large events (e.g. North American International Auto Show), extra service is added and operates on a passenger-demand basis.
- After leaving Detroit on the southbound trip back to Windsor, the bus stops at Caesars Windsor prior to arriving at the bus terminal.
2. Special Events Service
- Provided to all concerts and home games at Comerica Park and Ford Field. See point #2 under 'Types of Service' above.
- For further details follow the links at the top of the page to the corresponding venue.
- Refer to the red bus stop symbol near Comerica Park and Ford Field on the Tunnel map. This indicates the bus stop location for the Special Event service.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquires, call 519-944-4111. For general information, call 311.