Service to Detroit, Michigan
Types of Service
The Tunnel Bus operates on a published scheduled, and the buses are fully accessible. Visit the published schedule web page.
Special Event service goes to all concerts and home games at Comerica Park, Ford Field and Little Caesars Arena. However, service is not provided to "all day" concerts/events, as we cannot operate buses on a continuous back-and-forth manner. (Example: Hoedown)
Due to high ridership levels for sporting events and concerts, buses are often filled to capacity when leaving from the Windsor International Transit Terminal. This means they cannot pick up passengers at other bus stops. We strongly suggest you board the bus at the Transit Terminal (300 Chatham Street West) if attending this type of event.
Passengers must re-board the bus after clearing Canadian customs and are not allowed to walk away from the building. The first bus stop after leaving Canadian Customs is at the corner of Wyandotte and McDougall. (drop-off only stop).
Transit Windsor operates a cross-border service through the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel, seven days a week.
Proof of citizenship is required when crossing the international Windsor-Detroit border.
Buses leave from the Windsor International Transit Terminal at 300 Chatham Street West.
The fare may be paid in either Canadian or American funds, however, no exchange is given. View detailed fare structure.
- Many parking options are available near the terminal. Municipal Lot #22 is located one block away at Bruce and University. A parking garage is located on the east side of the building. View parking rates for Municipal Lots or for street meters, or access a map of municipal lots and garages.
You may bring luggage or any item that you can comfortably carry on the bus with you. The items must not impede the safety of other passengers. All items must be carried off the bus and taken through customs.
Bikes: Due to licensing regulations, bike racks cannot be deployed during Tunnel Bus services, including transportation to Comerica Park or Ford Field. You may disassemble your bike and board the bus with it in a bike bag. Note: If the bus is full, bringing the bike bag on board is allowed only at the discretion of the driver.
Avoid the rush and purchase tickets in advance. For a list of locations, view our sales outlets. For passengers catching the bus in Detroit, you have the following options:
- Pay the cash fare when you board the bus
- Purchase Tunnel bus tickets when you arrive at the Windsor International Transit Terminal in Windsor at the Customer Service desk or view our sales outlets in Windsor. Purchase extra tickets for future travel.
1. Tunnel Bus
The Tunnel Bus operates a short route through downtown Detroit, including Cobo Center, Rosa Parks Transit Center, Campus Martius and Hart Plaza.
- During large events (e.g. North American International Auto Show), extra service is added and operates on a passenger-demand basis.
- After leaving Detroit on the southbound trip back to Windsor, the bus stops at Caesars Windsor prior to arriving at the bus terminal.
2. Special Events Service
- Provided to all concerts* and home games at Comerica Park, Ford Field and Little Caesars Arena. See point #2 under "Types of Service" above.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquires, call 519-944-4111. For general information, call 311.