Special Event Service to Ford Field - Detroit Lions
- Please note: Due to the Detroit Free Press Marathon the Tunnel Bus will not provide service directly to the Lions Game on Sunday, October 16, 2016. You may take the tunnel bus across the border and catch the Detroit People Mover to Ford Field. Transit Windsor will pick up at our regular stop on Gratiot following the game.
- Service to all concerts and home games at Ford Field is provided by the Special Event bus.
Special event service is not provided to "all day" concerts/events, as we cannot operate buses on a continuous back-and-forth manner. (Example: Hoedown)
The fare may be paid in either Canadian or American funds, but no exchange is given.
Avoid the rush and purchase tickets in advance. For a list of locations, view our sales outlets
. If you purchase tickets in U.S. funds, change will be given in Canadian funds.
Fare: view fare structure.
The downtown terminal is located at 300 Chatham Street West between Dougall and Church Streets and next door to the Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre/Adventure Bay. We strongly suggest you board the bus at the Transit Terminal, as the bus is often filled to capacity due to high ridership levels for concerts and sporting events. This means the bus will not be able to pick up passengers at other tunnel bus stops along the way.
- Buses leave from Windsor International Transit terminal 2.5 hours prior to the opening kickoff or start of the concert.
- NEW: You will be dropped off at Gratiot bus stop, east of Ford Field. View map.
|12:30 PM||10:00 a.m.|
|01:00 PM||10:30 a.m.|
|04:00 PM||1:30 p.m.|
|07:30 PM||5:00 p.m.|
|08:30 PM||6:00 p.m.|
- Proceed promptly to the designated boarding area following the game/concert completion.
- Buses begin returning to Windsor immediately after the event ends.
- The last bus will leave 60 minutes after the end of the concert or game, including overtime.
Boarding the Bus at the Tunnel Plaza
Due to traffic congestion in downtown Detroit or other circumstances beyond our control, it is sometimes necessary to shorten the route in Detroit. To avoid lengthy delays, customers should walk over to the tunnel plaza (south of Mariner's Church), to board the bus.
Proof of citizenship is required when crossing the international Windsor-Detroit border.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquiries, call 519-944-4111. For general inquiries, call 311.