Bike Racks are available from March 15th until December 15th.
Bike racks combine the flexibility of cycling with the speed and long-haul ability of transit.
Take advantage of the over 3,000 acres of green space, over 20 parks, on-road bikeways and off-road multi-use trails across our community. Choose your bike to commute, run errands, or enjoy an afternoon with your family. It's always a smart ride for whatever you need to do, plus you can forget about gas prices and parking.
Remove loose items like bottles or pumps before the bus arrives. Indicate to the bus operator you wish to load your bike.*
- Squeeze the handle to release the rack and slowly lower it.
- Lift your bike on to the rack and fit the wheels in the front and rear slots.
- Pull the support arm up and over the front tire to secure your bike.
Leave the bus through the front door and tell the driver you are unloading your bike.*
- Pull the support arm out and over the front tire to release.
- Lift your bike and raise the rack to the upright position.
- Step away from the bus and signal to the driver that you are clear of the bus.
* You must load and unload your bike without assistance from the bus driver.
Bike racks are locked and unavailable between December 16th and March 14th. Bike racks on the tunnel bus are always locked (details below).
How It Works:
- Bike racks are located on the front of fully accessible buses.
- There is no extra charge to use the bike rack, just your regular bus fare.
- Each rack holds two bikes and available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Loading and unloading your bike is permitted at all stops, and always from the curbside.
- Sit on the bus in an area where you can keep an eye on your bike.
- Non-motorized, two-wheeled bikes only.
- Transit Windsor is not responsible for personal injury or theft, loss of, or damage to bikes on buses.
Travelling Across The Border:
Due to licensing regulations, bike racks cannot be deployed during tunnel bus services, including transportation to Comerica Park or Ford Field. You may disassemble your bike and board the bus with it in a bike bag. Note: If bus is full, bringing the bike bag on board is at the discretion of the driver.
Reading The Schedule:
Accessible and bike rack service is portrayed with the universal accessible icon on the schedules, unless noted at top of schedule that all trips are accessible.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquires, call 519-944-4111. For general inquiries, call 311.