New Fare Products
New fareboxes were introduced to the city buses on August 15, 2011. Thanks to this new technology, we are able to offer the following new products:
2-hour open transfer
Ride All Day passes (Day or Family pass)
Smart cards (test phase)
1. Transfers (2-hour open window)
Transfers are free on city service, allowing you to travel within a 2-hour period in any direction, on any city route. A transfer is a printed, time-stamped ticket that you pass through the bar code reader to validate.
2. Purchasing a Ride All Day Pass: $7.50
You may only purchase a Ride All Day pass on the bus for travel on the same day. You must tell the driver you wish to purchase a Ride All Day pass (Day or Family) before putting your cash into the farebox, and it must be the exact fare, or the pass will not print.
3. Smart Cards
Currently, smart cards are only available for test purposes and not for sale to the public. We will keep you informed, as this technology becomes available.
Other methods of payment:
The single ride cash fare on the city service is $2.50, and $4.00 on the Tunnel Bus, including special event service.
Coins are counted as they are dropped and will provide audio and visual feedback to help keep track of the deposited coins.
Deposit one coin at a time and use exact fare.
Damaged, foreign, and unacceptable coins are returned though the coin return cup.
Coins are never returned as change for an overpayment.
- Accepted bills are Canadian $5, $10, and $20. American $1, $5, $10, and $20. Foreign currency bills are not accepted.
- Avoid using wet or old, crinkly bills.
- Rejected bills are returned to the passenger.
- Bills will be rejected if:
- Folds reduce the bill length by half inch or greater
- Bills contain holes and/or tears
- Tape or other items are attached
Paying with a Bus Pass
Magnetic monthly passes are encoded for the new boxes. Review all details on how to use your magnetic bus pass.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquiries, call 519-944-4111. For general inquiries, call 311.