Occupational Health and Safety
Transit Windsor is committed to the occupational health and safety of its employees, to protect the public from harm and to guard against damage to its property while providing a service.
To fulfill this commitment, Transit Windsor will take whatever action is necessary and practical to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment. We will comply with all legislative requirements, and strive to eliminate those foreseeable hazards which may result in personal injuries, illness, death, property damage, fire, security loss and public liability.
Transit Windsor, through all levels of management, is responsible for enforcing safe working procedures and ensuring that all employees receive the necessary training to enable them to perform their work safely.
Employees have a personal responsibility to preserve their health and safety, and the health and safety of their fellow employees. The commitment to health and safety from the Employer and by the Employees is consistent with a total commitment by Transit Windsor, and in so being, will comply with the Canada Labour Code-Part II.
Vehicle maintenance is conducted at this facility; therefore certain general hazards exist. These include:
- Flammables: liquids (gas, thinners, etc.), which may be found in the maintenance operations.
- High Noise: which may occur in our maintenance areas.
- Wet Floors: which may be found in maintenance and storage areas.
- Fumes: which may occur in the maintenance and storage areas.
If you observe a hazardous situation occurring, immediately move to a safe location, and follow the instructions of your transit host.
- Correct eye protection to be worn in designated areas.
- No running shoes.
- No high heeled, open-toe or open-heel shoes in designated areas.
- Hearing protection to be worn in designated areas.
- Facilities are non-smoking environment.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in the person(s) involved being asked to leave the premises, and or shut down of the project.
3700 North Service Road East
Phone: For detailed inquiries, call 519-944-4111. For general inquiries call, 311.