- The Basic Financial Assistance provided through Ontario Works consists of two components:
- Basic Needs
- Basic Shelter
- Each component is based on family size and circumstances, with ceilings that are also based on family size.
- Assistance is issued monthly based on eligibility.
- For more information on calculating assistance, visit the Ministry of Community and Social Services Website.
- Ontario Works assistance provides additional benefits to recipients in order to assist them in enhancing the quality of their daily lives.
- Each recipient receives:
- Ontario Drug Benefit coverage
- Basic mandatory dental coverage for children
- Emergency dental coverage for adults
- Vision care coverage
- Other benefits available by contacting their caseworker.
- For more information regarding the Provision of Benefits visit the Ministry of Community and Social Services Website
In Windsor call 311 for general information. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-5200.
Fax: (519) 255-1011 or (519) 255-1503
In Leamington call (519) 946-9988
Fax: (519) 322-3529 or toll free at 1-866-763-1222
Document Drop-Off Locations:
Required documents or letters can be dropped off at any of the Customer Care Centres located in the various wards of the city. Please visit our Customer Care Centres page for a listing of participating locations and hours of operation.