Child Care Fee Assistance
What is Child Care Fee Assistance and How Do I Apply?
Child Care Fee Assistance may be available to families living in Windsor and Essex County who are using our child care centres, licensed home child care providers or High Five accredited Recreation Programs (for children 6-12 years of age) that have a Purchase of Service Agreement with the City of Windsor.
In order to qualify for child care fee assistance you must:
- Be a resident of Windsor/Essex County or if you are residing in Canada on a student/work visa you must provide verification that you have applied for permanent residency
- Be the child's parent/foster parent/legal guardian and the child must live with you
- File a Federal Tax Return (in accordance with Revenue Canada Guidelines)
- Be attending school, working or be referred, in writing, by an agency, doctor or other professional who is currently working with you or your child
How Much Will I Pay?
On-line Child Care Subsidy Application Form
The amount you pay is based on line 236 of the previous year's Notice of Assessment (NOA) for both parents, or if you receive the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB), the family net income stated on your most current Canadian Child Tax Benefit Notice (CCTB). If you have not lived in Canada for more than one year and have not filed a tax return, you may still qualify for financial assistance. Your combined family income is considered when calculating your contribution amount.
A fee subsidy calculator is available on-line to assist you in determining your monthly contribution for child care fee assistance prior to making a request for fee subsidy.
Please click on the above "fee subsidy calculator" link to determine your monthly contribution requirement towards the child care costs. The monthly contribution amount calculated is the total family contribution amount, and not a per child contribution amount.
Once you have completed the fee subsidy calculator process, you will receive access to the on-line child care subsidy application form.
To complete a "person to person" child care fee assistance application with one of our Intake Workers, you may call:
- Windsor Office: (519) 255-5312
- Leamington Office: (519) 946-9988 Ext. 5572