Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant
4155 Ojibway Parkway
Canada N9C 4A5
Phone: (519) 253-7217
Fax: (519) 253-0464
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday -Friday
Plant Manager: Tony Bietola (519) 253-7111 ext. 3229
- The Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant is located on an 18.6-hectare (46-acre) site on the south-east corner of Ojibway Park and Sandwich Street (with 12.1 hectares (30 acres) across the street), having an ultimate plant capacity of 273,000 m3/d (60 MIGD).
- The plant provides primary treatment (physical chemical) for up to 273 million litres per day (MLD) or 60 million imperial gallons (MIGD), which includes capacity for combined storm and sanitary flows.
- The plant provides secondary (biological) treatment to up to 218 MLD (48 MIGD) followed by ultraviolet (UV) disinfection.
- The plant receives wastewater from the Riverfront Interceptor Sewer, servicing the original core section of the City.
- The second trunk sewer, the Western-Grand Marais Sanitary Trunk, presently serves the existing new and recently developed areas of South Windsor.
- Sewage treatment services are also being provided for the Town of LaSalle.
This picture illustrates the plant processes at the Lou Romano Water Reclamation Plant prior to expansion. Click to enlarge.
Plant tours are open to educational classes and public groups at both pollution control plants. To arrange a tour, contact the Plant Manager.