The Bicycle Use Master Plan
(BUMP) is a statement of the City of Windsor's commitment to develop a visible and connected cycling network that is easily accessible, safe and actively used by all types of cyclists. The Plan emphasizes integrating, enhancing and expanding Windsor's existing on- and off-road cycling network, facilitating the use of bicycles for commuting, leisure and tourism, and providing a genuine transportation alternative to the use of motor vehicles. BUMP also focuses on topics such as cycling awareness and education, the cycling-transit link, and end-of-trip facilities.
- The City of Windsor will be presenting their recommended option and requesting feedback for its first Windsor Loop project, the proposed Active Transportation Facilities on Cabana Road (Northway Avenue to Walker Road) on July 24, 2014. See the Windsor Loop page for more details.
- Hear the latest Windsor Bicycling Committee radio ad (MP3), currently airing on Mix 96.7 FM.
- Maple Leaf Cycling Club seeks volunteers to assist in delivering Summer Cycling Programs for young people, 12 to 14 years of age. The programs are provided to Grade 8 students and beyond, in Windsor and Essex County. Topics include fitness, health, safety, bike maintenance, group riding skills and preparation for tours and races. Police checks will be required for all volunteers. Materials and training sessions will be provided before the youth programs begin. For further information, contact Maple Leaf Cycling Club at email@example.com or call (519) 945-6870.
- Cycling in Windsor-Essex is gaining momentum! The City of Windsor was one of the many exciting destinations for the Great Waterfront Trail Adventure Ride, which took place August 11-17, 2013. The 600 km journey began in Lakeshore and ended in Fort Erie. The event was featured in the August 2013 Welcome Cyclists! Newsletter.
- Who is the Windsor's Bike Commuter of the Year? Commuter cyclists were encouraged to submit their cycling experiences in writing, and one lucky winner was awarded a bike at the Bike to Work event held on May 31, 2013 at CBC.
Bicycle Friendly Communities Bronze Award
Bike Locker Rentals
Monthly rentals are available at the Pelissier Street parking garage. See the Bike Locker Rental Poster for more information.
Transportation Planning Division
1266 McDougall Street
Hours of Operation: 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6248.