The Bicycle Use Master Plan
(BUMP) is a statement of the City of Windsor's commitment to develop a visible and connected cycling network that is easily accessible, safe and actively used by all types of cyclists. The Plan emphasizes integrating, enhancing and expanding Windsor's existing on- and off-road cycling network, facilitating the use of bicycles for commuting, leisure and tourism, and providing a genuine transportation alternative to the use of motor vehicles. BUMP also focuses on topics such as cycling awareness and education, the cycling-transit link, and end-of-trip facilities.
Under the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process, the implementation of bicycle paths or bicycle lanes within the existing right-of-way are considered pre-approved projects with public notification (Schedule A+ project). Public notification methods may vary and are project specific. A list of these projects is available on the Completed Environmental Assessments
- Motorists are being advised to "share the road" in a Windsor police initiative. See the Windsor Star article for more information.
- Bike paths are being proposed for the new bridge. See AM800 news for more information.
- Cyclists are demanding space on the new international bridge. See the Windsor Star article for more information.
- See the Windsor Loop page for information related to the proposed Active Transportation Facilities on Cabana Road (Northway Avenue to Walker Road).
- Hear the latest Windsor Bicycling Committee radio ad (MP3), currently airing on Mix 96.7 FM.
Bicycle Friendly Communities Bronze Award
Bike Locker Rentals
Monthly rentals are available at the Pelissier Street parking garage. See the Bike Locker Rental Poster for more information.
Transportation Planning Division
1266 McDougall Street
Hours of Operation: 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6248.