Respite and Vacation Care
Huron Lodge can provide short-term care stays for seniors.
Effective July 1, 2013, the cost of a short stay bed is $36.34 per day.
Short Stay Care may be available in the following situations:
- Family members are going on vacation.
- Family member or primary caregiver is recuperating from surgery/illness.
- Primary caregiver requires a rest from the routine of constant care.
- Temporary placement is required due to a crisis at home.
- Resident seeks to be familiarized with a long-term care facility.
Short Stay Care is available up to a maximum of 30 days at one time and a total of 90 days per calendar year.
To be eligible for Short Stay Care one must meet the standard eligibility requirements for facility placement. The person must also intend to return to the community.
Access to the Short Stay beds is through the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) along with the assistance of the Social Worker at Huron Lodge who is responsible for the schedule.
1881 Cabana Road West
Phone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 253-6060.
Fax: (519) 977-8027