Referrals to Youth Job Link (YJL)
Youth Job Link is a new employment program implemented as of April 1, 2016 as an extension of the Ontario Youth Job Strategy (OYJS) that was announced in the 2013 budget which was to support job opportunities for young people.
Youth Job link is designed to provide youth, including students, between the ages of 15 and 29 who face few barriers to employment with access to non-intensive employment and career resources and information. The goals are as follows:
- Make employment connections between youth and employers;
- Provide opportunities to gain career management, job search and job readiness skills; and
- Create awareness of potential career options and pathways.
Youth Job Link will provide youth, including students, with:
- Career exploration services to increase their knowledge of career options and provide job search assistance;
- Career management services to improve their readiness for the labour market and their ability to foresee, anticipate and adapt to labour market change; and
- Job search, readiness and matching assistance to connect them with employers offering employment opportunities, including summer jobs.
These three components are delivered as short duration workshops that do not require case management of the youth accessing them. Youth accessing the job matching services must also reside in Ontario and be eligible for work in Canada.
The City of Windsor's Employment and Training Services (ETS) is one of a network of Employment Ontario Service providers offering this program. Contact us at 519-255-5200 ext. 5520 or email@example.com for an appointment to attend a YJL workshop.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada.