To promote the international interests and image of the City of Windsor.
- To support the efforts of the Mayor and Council in the enhancement of Windsor's international image.
- To promote and enhance our relationship with Twin Cities.
- To support international educational and cultural initiatives.
In order to carry out its mission, the Committee will:
- Assist the Mayor and Council in hosting international visitors.
- Co-ordinate agendas and itineraries for trade, culture, education, and government exchanges.
- Consistenly reflect the priorities and goals of the Mayor and Council.
- Search out opportunities to tie into provincial and federal efforts.
- Assist the Mayor with international communications and protocol.
- Maintain a network of community representatives from within business, labour, education, arts, services clubs, and multicultural groups.
- Communicate the goals and objectives of the Committee.
In addition, in order to enhance the City's relationship with Twin Cities, the Committee will:
- Liaison with Community groups interested in the furtherance of our Twin City relationships.
- Encourage the establishment of cultural and educational ties between interested parties in our respective communities, especially involving children.
- Encourage local business interests to take advantage of our established network of Twin City relationships when considering international business ventures.
- Encourage Trade Missions and exchanges involving our Twin Cities.
- Ensure that visiting dignitaries and representatives of our Twin Cities are properly accommodated and introduced to the appropriate officials and business or community leaders.
350 City Hall Square
Phone: For general information call 311. For detailed inquiries call (519) 255-6222
Fax: (519) 255-6868