Human Resources Most Frequently Asked Questions
The Human Resources department of the City of Windsor receives thousands of inquiries per year. Below are some of the more frequently asked questions along with their answers. Additionally, please follow the links at the left to learn more. If you have further questions, please contact us by phone at (519) 255-6515.
How do I get a job with the City of Windsor?
- Please look at the pages stemming from Employment Opportunities which indicate the employment options that are currently available. Additionally, please review our Employment Opportunities Information Sheet (PDF) indicating how you can obtain employment with the City of Windsor. You can also call us for information at (519) 255-6515.
Is the City hiring Firefighters at this time?
Does the City hire students?
- The City hires students for work during the summer months through a job lottery system. Notification of the availability of applications for the lottery is printed in The Windsor Star, normally in December and January of each year. The City also utilizes co-operative education and work placement students. The City of Windsor works with the program provider of active students who are in a co-op or work placement program.
If I applied for an advertised position, when will I hear from someone?
- Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Given the volume of applications received for every job posting, the time may be lengthy between the close of a posting and The City's initial contacts with applicants. If you wish to inquire about your application, please call (519) 255-6515 and provide your posting number.
Did the City receive my resume?
- Please call (519) 255-6515 if you wish to inquire whether your resume was received. The following information can help staff provide an answer quickly:
- Title of position for which you have applied
- Posting number
Does the City of Windsor accept general resumes?
What are the requirements to get a job at the City of Windsor?
Where do I apply for Employment Insurance?
How do I apply for Old Age Security?
When will I be receiving my Employment Insurance or Old Age Security cheque?
What is the procedure for an employer to hire a student?
I have worked for the City of Windsor, can I have a Record of Employment?
- Records of Employment are generated by our Payroll area. Please call them at (519) 255-6100, ext. 6205.
For general information, contact 311.
For detailed inquiries, contact:
Human Resources Department
400 City Hall Square East, Suite 408
Windsor, Ontario N9A 7K6
Phone: (519) 255-6515
Fax: (519) 255-6504