Apply for Proclamation or Flag Raising
- Please send your written request a minimum of three weeks prior to your special date
- You can download a printable copy of the proclamation application form from this website or visit the City Clerk's office, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to obtain a printed copy
- Requests must be made by local organizations (defined as a group having an official presence in Windsor-Essex)
- To help facilitate your proclamation request, please provide all the necessary background information
- You must provide the draft wording for your proclamation in order to receive an official signed proclamation from the Mayor. Feel free to refer to our proclamation example.
- The Clerk shall review the request and make any appropriate amendments to the proclamation, which in the Clerk's view improves the structure and/or intent of the requested proclamation
- The City Clerk's office will prepare the proclamation and then submit it to the Mayor for signature
- Once signed, the Clerk's office will:
- Send the original proclamation to you
- Post a copy on the city's website and send an electronic copy to Cogeco Cable
- Send a copy to all members of Council
- List in Windsor's Civic Corner in The Windsor Star
(subject to space constraints the week prior to the event)
Under the City of Windsor's Procedural By-Law, City Council will not entertain delegations requesting proclamations. Proclamations shall be listed as part of the Order of Business for information purposes only.
Council Services Department
350 City Hall Square West, Room 203
Windsor, Ontario N9A 6S1
Telephone: For general information, call 311. For detailed inquiries, call (519) 255-6222 ext. 6388.
Fax: (519) 255-6868